Monday, April 28, 2008

Chapter 9 - Main gear

I have begun installation of the main gear attach tabs. Actually this is my second go. The first time around I had the first of the BID and UNI layups inplace. Unfortunatly I got distracted and the gear bow fell off the workbench and the plywood tabs all broke off. Lesson learned, this time around I secured the bow with a wire...

Here is the main gear strut leveled on the ply wood tabs.


And here is a closeup of the plywood tabs. Note the bondo holding the strut in place. Not visible are shims between the strut and the steel tubes.


Another view of the temporary plywood tabs just prior to removal of the steel tubes.


Here the strut is staged for the first of the UNI and BID layups. Note the wire to hold the strut down and the duct tape to prevent the temporary plywood tabs from bonding to the glass.


The first layers of glass tabs after initial trimming.

No comments: