Saturday, April 5, 2008

Chapter 8/9 - Seat belts, main gear, and landing brake.

Ok, I have quite a bit going on at once now. The seat belts arrived from ACS. Pictured is the front belts test fitted.



Here is the step that I fabricated. After all the cutting drilling bending hammering etc. I should have just bought one premade from the cozy girrrl. I probably would not have saved any money and I would have save quite a bit of time. Lessons learned. I still need to do some additional bending and counter sink the two inner holes.


The main landing gear her is pictured after I laid up the first 4 torsional plies of UNI. I have since finnished all 8 and I am working on the break line conduit. More on that later.



The final two pictures show the first couple of steps involved in fabricating and installing the landing break.


The use of my brothers Fein tool made removal of the fiberglass skin here a painless process. Now I have a little bit of foam shaping to do. More blue dust to come!!

No comments: