Friday, May 15, 2009

Capter 24 - Covers Consoles and Fairings - Part 1

Time for a diversion....

I was just gearing up to shape the nose when it was suggested to me that I shape the canopy, canard cover and nose all at the same time. This sounded like a good idea and after looking at photos of the advisers aircraft I have decided to go ahead and order a canopy from Todd's Canopies.

In the meantime, while I wait for the canopy to arrive I decided to work a little on the pilots left side console.

Here is the two peices of .35" divinicell foam covered with 1 ply bid...


And here are the they are after trimming and assembled with a flox radius and 2" bid tape...


And finally 2 ply's bid fiberglass over the outside...


This was trimmed and here is the panel test fit into the cockpit. I will do no further work on this untill I have the throttle quadrant and eleveator trim mechinisms installed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!