Monday, November 1, 2010

Stick Grip.

I just recently purchased a B-8 style stick grip through e-bay for not a lot of money. These things usually go for up to $300 used. Because mine was damaged and missing a button I picked it up for $70.

It was pretty rough when I got it. The trigger was cracked and falling appart, the hand rest on the right hand side was mostly missing, one button was missing and another I found out was a normaly closed/push to open.

A little mending and a couple of new switches and it is almost like new. The internal trigger switch also disintegrated, so I have ordered a limit switch that I will retrofit into the handle.

4 comments:

Gareth said...

I always liked those sticks in the Long EZs, what are your plans for the different buttons? I assume one will be for the radio.
This is a great build, I have been following for a while now, it's really making me want to build a Long EZ or Cozy IV of my own!

Anonymous said...

Is that grip an OTTO grip? I was looking at TOOT but they are very expensive. Do you think the quality is worth it?

Anonymous said...

TOOT ? I have no idea how that happened. OTTO. I may be interested in your cowl if you decide to sell it. You can e-mail me from my site if you want to sell. www.raptorairworks.com. Thanks.

Martin said...

Gareth, I will use the trigger for push to talk. The hat will be for electric trim if I install an electric trim.

I will assign the other button when I have my avionics installed. Perhaps flip/flop for the radio, or EFIS functions.

Anonymous, the grip is made by Gaurdian (there logo is on it). And yes the OTTO grips and gaurdian grips are very expensive.I have browsed ebay for over a year looking for a deal. Infinity makes a good replica, but I really like the authentic grip better. I have not decided what to do with the cowl yet. It is very nice and I may be able to modify it.