Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Chapter 14 - Center section Spar (and misc photos)

Materials for my Center Section Spar should arrive via the magic brown van tomorrow.

While waiting for the materials (1/4" divinicell foam, aluminium, fiberglass and epoxy) I dug out the spar jig that I built many months ago. I cut the urethane foam parts (which are pictured test fitted into the jig).

I also cut the 1/8" aluminium attachment renforcement peices (the remaining reinforcement parts will be cut when I recieve the 1/4" stock tomorrow).

Finally I cut the 8 spar cap templates.

MISC. Photos...

Here is a photo of a cover I installed just forward of the instrument panel. the two triangular "flanges", just aft and on the left and right of the panel, will provide a surface for the a gasket on the canopy to seal against.

Also here is a picture of the final nose shape. My brother commented that I never posted a final photo. The top of the nose still remains to be glassed because I want better access to install brake resivoirs and other items before it is glassed in place. I also want to find a clean way of instlling the access hatch.

No comments: