Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chapter 10 - Canard construction - Part 8

Slow but steady progress. Over the last couple of weeks I have been taking my time glassing and assembling the elevators. Lots of little parts and steps with these. I have tried to be as careful with these parts as I can.

Here is the elevator torque tube installed in the left elevator foam core with micro. The 2 aluminium triangles ensure the tube is in the correct position.


Here are the left and right elevators fully glassed and ready to begin installation to the canard. Visible is one of the stainless steel hinge pins temporarily installed. It was used to align the end plug prior to riveting. Also visible is the hole to accept the allen set screw that will later safety the hinge pin in place.


Canard and elevators ready to be mated. You can clearly see the micro fill on the trailing edge of all three airfoils. I did a little sanding on the trailing edge of the canard, hence the dust.

No comments: