Monday, January 21, 2008

Chapter 6 - Fuselage exterior - Part 3

It's been quite cold lately. A little too cold to be working in the garage. Today it was a little warmer and comfortable enough to do some sanding and mix up some micro to fill in the some little gouges in the foam exterior.

I think that I am ready to glass the exterior and move onto the next chapter, however I would prefer that temperatures are quite a bit warmer than they have been lately. Perhaps I will wait a month to do that.

In the meantime I have ordered the main gear strut from Featherlite. It should be shipping next week. I will post some photos when it arrives.





Pictured here is a view of one of the fuel site gauges. I really do not think that this will be an effective fuel gauge due to the amber tint of the glass. I will likely order a pair of Vance gauges.
In addition I would like to install a pair of electronic gauges as well.



No comments: